There are 7 gadgets to look forward to this coming fall! Yup 7! Oh man! Where am I gonna get the money to buy all of them???
1. Many people are really looking forward to this one. Can you guess what it is? Yup, it's the iPhone 5! It is expected to come out on September 21. But knowing Apple, it will probably be delayed to next year.
2. Can you guess the next one? Maybe some of you already have heard about the iPad mini. For those of you who have one, it can be a bit heavy at times, but the mini version will be smaller, lighter and easier to carry around.
3. This next gadget is called "Surface." It's Microsoft's tablet and it will have a camera, stand, and a cover that can also function as a keyboard.
4. Another highly anticipated "gadget", well not quite a gadget is Windows 8. The new operating system will be touch-enabled so it may pave the way for operating systems in the future. It will be available on October 26.
5. Now for the gamers, here is the Wii U. It combines hand-held gaming with console gaming. The gamepad controller will have 6.2 inch touchscreen. I wonder how it will all work out. You can expect to see it in October or November.
6. And here is another tablet. Kindle and Kindle Fire. I heard that the Kindle Fire is already sold out. Wow! You can expect to see this in October or November as well.
7. And lastly comes Apple again with another product, Apple TV. A new and better version is expected once the Cub's win the World Series. (Which means it may not be for a VERY long time).
Last night I watched Total Recall after seeing the trailer which I thought looked pretty cool! How disappointed I was!!!! The story was pretty dull and the acting...Ooooh Lord!! Well, if you like watching a guy acting poorly, running everywhere and shooting for 2 hours you`ll have a blast! I don`t know I just wish the way the story was developed was a bit more exciting and not that predictable. Neeext!
They just came up with a product that prevents bananas from rotting. If you spray that product on the banana it should stay all yellow and pretty for 12 days. The components of that product supposedly reduce the banana`s breathing and kill the bacterias (which are the reasons why it gets brown)... That would sure help reduce the amount of bananas that go to waste in supermarkets everyday but at the same time I do not really want to have more chemicals added on my fruits! What do you think???
Yesterday I was talking to a student about the recent blog post 'Some weird clothing', and how it is not only Japanese people who wear clothes with strange English writing on them, but also sometimes foreigners who wear clothes with strange Japanese writing on them.
But it does not stop there, Oh No!
Recently it has become a trend in western countries like Australia and America for people to get TATTOOS written in Kanji or another Asian language alphabet. The fact that both the tattoo artist and the customer do not speak the language they are using, and are often just using 'Google Translate' means that idiots are often left with odd or nonsensical words permanently carved into their flesh!
The website HANZISMATTER is dedicated to chronicling the misuse of Chinese characters in western culture. Check it out!
How many of you have seen people wear shirts that have absolutely no meaning or the wrong meaning? I have walked through the streets of Japan and have seen people of all ages wearing some weird worded clothing. And, I always wonder do you know what that means? I hope none of you fall into this category. Well here are some weird clothes from engrish.com:
I hope that is not a man wearing this shirt.... It kind of looks like one. Again, do you know the meaning of this shirt???
So you want a strong smelling boyfriend??? Really?
OK..... lots of "the" and yes exercise is a necessity but huh???
umm no. I don't want to pass chewed meat back and forth with anyone.
Can you read these sentences 100% correctly on your first try?
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.