Wednesday, July 11, 2012

JOKES

 
#1. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day,
but I couldn't find any.  

#2. Police arrested two kids yesterday, 
one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. 
They charged one - and let the other one off.     


#3. A man was seen fleeing down the hall of the hospital just before his operation.

"What's the matter?" he was asked.

He said, "I heard the nurse say, 'It's a very simple operation, 
don't worry, I'm sure it will be all right."

"She was just trying to comfort you, what's so frightening about that?"

"She wasn't talking to me. She was talking to the doctor.
"

2 comments:

  1. I understood #1 and #3, but couldn't #2.
    What's #2 mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both "charged" & "let off" can have different meanings.

    Charge
    1.To energize (a storage battery) by passing current through it in the direction opposite to discharge.
    &
    2.To make a claim of wrongdoing against; accuse or blame: The police charged him with car theft.

    let off
    1.to explode or fire (a bomb, firework, etc.
    &
    2.to allow to get away without the expected punishment, work, etc.

    ReplyDelete