Friday, January 20, 2012

Research shows whale is tasty


Wow! I had no idea how much Japan loves whales!
Every year the japanese government spends money to conduct whale "research".
Why is the whale so special?
Why does the government not research other animals?
The above is of course sarcasm.

I just read another article in the news about Sea Shepard fools fighting with a Japanese whaling boat. Now please understand that although I am Australian, I have tried eating whale meat (it was meh...) and I don't think that whales are special or have feelings any more than a cow or a pig does. (And I LOVE steak & bacon) But I think hunting ENDANGERED species is selfish. I don't eat panda or rhino for the same reasons even though they may be DELICIOUS.

The Minke whale is not endangered, eat as much as you like, the Fin whale is however and therefore should not be on the menu. Taiji dolphin hunting? I so totally don't care. The species of dolphin killed at Taiji are not endangered and although it may look horrific to see, so does what happens inside a slaughterhouse where they kill cows. (However dolphin meat, and that of most other large sea animals, does contain a lot of mercury which is dangerous for people to eat.)

This shouldn't only apply to mammals that we think are cute. Atlantic Bluefin Tuna is endangered & should not be commercially hunted, Pacific Bluefin tuna is not on the endangered species list at the moment, so throw some on the grill tonight.

All in all, Japans whale "research" wastes money that could be spent on more important things like helping the people in Tohoku who still don't have houses. Or at least Japan should stop hiding behind the "research" nonsense and just be honest, and show the IWC that it is only hunting whales that are not endangered.

Oh and I hate the Sea Shepard idiots, they are silly hippies that are only making the problem worse. Indians believe the cow is a holy animal and don't eat it, that is not going to stop me from having a burger. But if the cow was endangered I would not eat it.

Please let me know what you think.
:Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment