Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cider


We were asked to post about popular stuff from our home countries. Well something I noticed last time I went home, that was not popular before, was cider. Cider is an alcoholic drink made from fruit (most often apples or pears) and while it is not a new drink (in fact it is one of the oldest) it was not very popular in Australia until recently. I would say, it is nowadays almost as popular as beer. It is on tap (生) in every pub I went to (and I went to a lot). It is sweeter than beer and very easy to drink. This perhaps makes it quite popular with the ladies in particular, but gents also enjoy it. Personally I though it was nice, especially when you are not in the mood for beer. 

:Phil

2 comments:

  1. I use "Cider" as a non-alcohol sparkling drink. Japanese stuff is clear and sugar taste drink. Seeing this post, I thought Cider was similar to Japanese Chu-Hai. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true Masa, it is about the closest thing we have to chu-hai in Australia, there are also no alcohol ciders, but they are not so popular.
    :Phil

    ReplyDelete