Thursday, September 6, 2012

cheap cheap imitations



I just read an article about parents complaining they were mislead by DVDs that just looked very much like the original ones. And I have to say I understand their anger. It happened to me before. Especially when it comes to movies! How disappointing to get a poorly made low-budget movie when you expect the real one! I mean now I don`t fall for the fake one anymore but I understand why some people do. The characters look similar, the title too and the DVDs come out at about the same time... it just doesn`t help!

3 comments:

  1. It is a tactic used by the low budget movie companies. They hear that a big company is working on a blockbuster, but big budget movies take a long time to make, so the cheap studio has enough time to quickly rush out a cheap copy called a mockbuster. They then release it just before or at the same time as the real film, hoping people will make a mistake and pick up there DVD instead. Make sure to check you packaging.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops
    I should have written their not there,
    and your not you.
    What silly mistakes!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mockbuster? had never heard that word. Yeah, I`ve learnt my lesson! Still I feel bad for the parents who want to please their children and end buying the wrong dvd...
    Those mockbusters are soooooo very bad!!!

    ReplyDelete