Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Arrr!

In the spirit of "international talk like a pirate day"
here is a list of good "pirate" themed movies.
(Not including "Pirates of the Caribbean")

#5 Hook
Peter Pan has grown up
and returns to never land to fight his old foe.
Not your traditional Peter Pan story but good fun.

#4 Master & Commander
I hate Russel Crow but I love this time period.
Iron men in wooden ships fight for control of the new world.
More swashbuckler than pirate I suppose.

#3 Muppet Treasure Island
As the name says it's "Treasure Island" Muppets style,
and the Muppets movies are always hilarious.

#2 The Princess Bride
Not really a "Pirate" movie I guess,
but the main character is "The Dread Pirate Roberts"
so I can put it on the list.
One of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
"My name is Inigo Montoya,
you killed my father,
prepare to die."


#1 The Goonies
No pirates in this movie, but a lot of pirate treasure.
Watched it again recently,
didn't remember it had so much swearing in it.
Kids movies were not so uptight in the 80's.

:Phil

1 comment:

  1. I remember I liked to watch "Blackbeard's ghost" when I was a child. I almost forgot the story, but it's funny.

    ReplyDelete