Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bourbon Pointu


Bourbon Pointu is a very expensive coffee and it is grown in Reunion among few other places. Actually the very first time I heard about it was last Christmas! A Japanese friend of mine asked me to get some and I had just never heard about it! So I made some research and actually that coffee used to be very famous until the 50s but then due to epidemics and other natural disasters its production kind of disappeared. But a Japanese guy called Yoshiaki Kawashima, whose life seems to be dedicated to coffee, came to Reunion in the late 90s beginning of 2000 and after a few years he finally found some very people still grew Bourbon Pointu`s cafe. Nowadays It is amongst the most expensive coffees` in the world. And it`s like veeery expensive. I found that one pack is sold around 7,300 yen in Japan! But even though it makes me kind of proud I don`t like coffee and therefore will probably never try it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's expensive.
    Have you heard of Kopi Luwak?
    It's another kind of very expensive coffee.
    Made in south east Asia, the beans are collected after they have been pooped out by the Asian Palm Civet, (a kind of cat/possum).
    I love coffee but I don't think I could bring myself to drink cat poo coffee, even if it is so expensive...
    :Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of it actually through my readings.
    Didn`t know how it was mad though...
    But would you still refuse even if you get some for free as a present let`s say? ^^

    ReplyDelete