Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What Phil did on the weekend.

I was really lucky last weekend.
It rained on Saturday so jidai matsuri was
postponed to Sunday! Yay! I have never
been able to see it before and I always wanted to.

I love horses, this is a "Draught Horse".
He was huge! With fluffy socks.
Wikipedia article

This samurai was known as
"stupid hat" among his friends.

Ashigaru preparing to battle some kokosei gyaru.

"I think I need a bigger flag,
This tiny thing will never strike
fear into the hearts of my enemies."

"What did you say? I'm not too young to fight!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Really "interesting" comments.
    I am curious about stupid hut. What are the boards like rabbit ears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not the craziest samurai helmet i have seen. I have seen some really silly ones. At one time it became a kind of competition to see who had the most elaborate hat. Some were so big, (Toyotomi Hideyoshi for example) that they could not stand up when they were wearing them.
    -Phil

    ReplyDelete