Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Poll


We ran the poll for the last 2 weeks because we were so disappointed with the number of voters...
(or lack thereof)
:*(

Please try your best on the poll as it is meant to be a fun way to learn and interact with your teachers!!

The question was I or Me?
''My best friend and _____ are going to the movies tonight.''

I (2 votes)
Me (1 vote)
I don't know.
Both answers are possible.

The correct answer was I!
''My best friend and I are going to the movies tonight.''

As both of these are pronouns used to refer to oneself, deciding which one to use can be a little confusing. ''I'' should be used for the subject of the sentence, the person doing the action (verb). ''Me'' should be used for the object of the sentence.

If you are still not sure which to use, it might be a good idea to pretend as if the other person in the sentence was not there.

For example, ''My best friend and I are going to the movies tonight'', becomes ''I am going to the movies tonight''.

''Becky thought she'd seen Dad and me at the store'', becomes ''Becky thought she'd seen me at the store''.


*Let's try this one again on this week's poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment