Friday, April 27, 2012

Action!

 
A few weeks ago I got the Kurosawa DVD box collection.
So far I have watched,

This film had a very dark & interesting plot. 
The way that kurosawa tells the same story
through the eyes of several different characters is brilliant.

All the characters in this film are fantastic. 
At first I didn't like the princess, 
but by the end I thought she was great. 
(The actress did have a rather annoying voice though.)
It also had a couple of awesome fight scenes.
 

Mifune's character is so cool & the bad guy 
with the gun is so evil that you really love to hate him.
Has great fight scenes in it too. 
 

And
 Mifune plays the same character as in Yojimbo.
The final duel is very bloody!

I've really enjoyed all of them, so much I can't pick a favorite.

:Phil

1 comment:

  1. never saw but read rashomon. loved that story! nice dark plot but kinda sad ending.

    ReplyDelete