Friday, November 19, 2010

Studio Ghibli!!!!

Last week the poll question was:

What are your favorite Studio Ghibli movies?

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1 vote)
Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies (1 vote)
My Neighbour Totoro (2 votes)
Kiki's Delivery Service (3 votes)
Porco Rosso (1 vote)
Ocean Waves
Pom Poko
Princess Mononoke (2 votes)
Spirited Away (3 votes)
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2 votes)
Tales from Earthsea (1 vote)

As many of my students know I have been trying to watch all of the Studio Ghibli movies and love talking about them in class. I was surprised by many of the votes on last weeks poll because the most popular ones were Kiki's Delivery service (which I voted for) and Spirited Away (which is not really close to being my favorite....). However, I still have many to watch! What do you recommend for me to watch next?


2 comments:

  1. I also like Studio Ghibli movies! They are really wonderful animations.
    Have you ever seen "Howl's Moving Castle"? I saw it in 2004. It was not bad. Why don't you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't seen it yet! Thanks Masa that's a great suggestion. Maybe I will rent it this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete