Wednesday, June 9, 2010

THE BIG 3

Here is what I think are the
top 3 most common mistakes
people make when speaking English.
#1 "I will go to shopping"
Because shopping has ~ing you don't need the "to".
You go "to" a place (noun).
So "I will go to Daimaru" or
"I will go to the/a department store" is ok.
But not before a gerund (~ing word)
#2 He vs She.
It is very easy to slip up and say "he" when you mean "she"
but it can sound very strange.
"He is my sister" What..???
#3 Clothes.
This one is a pronunciation problem
that starts at junior high school.
In English we pronounce clothes (klōthz)
not klothzez so be careful.
You don't need to add an extra "s" sound
because "clothes" is always more that one thing
(it's a group word).
Well I hope that helped a bit.
See you in class :P

No comments:

Post a Comment