Saturday, April 30, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Here are some photos of my niece (Lucy) & my nephew (Ben)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
n. phr., slang
The habit of stealing things one sees and wants.
"Don't leave money in your locker,
some of the boys have sticky fingers."
(Don't leave money in your locker because
some of the boys are easily tempted to steal.)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
V. To find an answer by thinking about something; solve.
"Tom couldn't figure out the last problem on the test. "
(Tom could not find the answer;
he did not know how to work the problem.)
"Sam couldn't figure out how to print a page
until the teacher showed him how. "
(Sam tried to think of the things the teacher
would do to print a page, but he could not.)
Friday, April 15, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
To spend one's time idly or lounging about.
"The teacher complained that Joe was hanging
out in the billiard hall instead of doing his homework."
(Joe was spending time idling in the billiard hall.)
Adults don't play with friends,
they hang out with friends.
It sounds very childish to say
"I played with my friends,"
if you are no longer in elementary school.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.
13. They were too close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Taken from the Sheetr.com blog
Friday, April 1, 2011
I also want to say a special thank you to my rle family for all of their support over the last few years and I look forward to making many more happy memories together!