Friday, September 16, 2011

Tell me why...














I have a question for you. Why do people on the train hate the folding seats so much? Do you know what I mean? The folding seats next to the doors on JR. Every time the train stops people sitting in the folding seats look around to see if the regular seats are free, and if so jump up and move. I don't understand why. What is the difference? Am I missing something? I really can't work it out. It doesn't seem to matter what time it is, whether the train is busy or not etc. I guess it doesn't really matter, if they want to move OK, but why stand up and move when you are already sitting down?

3 comments:

  1. At first, I didn't understand either, but now I do. The double seaters have more cushion in them so they are a lot more comfortable to sit on. If I'm gonna ride on the train for a long time, I always switch. But, if it's only a 2-stop ride, then I just stay on the folding seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I prefer the folding seats to the regular seats. But if I have a long trip on the train, I might change to the regular seat for the same reason as Yoshio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, OK. But it still seems strange to me in the country that invented “Seiza” (正座).
    :PHIL

    ReplyDelete